Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday Treasure

My treasure this Tuesday is a quilt my aunt made for me. The animals are stuffed so that they're 3D-ish and soft.
Click on picture to see more detail!

I don't know how old I was when she made it, only that I've always had it and it's always been there! I do remember it hanging on the wall in my bedroom when I was about 3, and then again in the next house we lived in when I was 5 or so. I never took that much notice of it though, up until a few years ago when it came out of the linen cupboard during a much needed spring clean. Since then it's been hanging in my cupboard (no where to hang it on the walls) where I know it will be kept safe. Knowing that my aunt, who never did and still doesn't play a big roll in my life, made it for me when I was little, makes it one of those treasure's that will only get better with age.
Maybe this is the reason I grew up loving Australia's native animals?! lol

10 comments:

Liz said...

The quilt is lovely.how lovely for you to have this special gift from your aunt.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Now Manda that is just so very cute..

marina said...

it is beautiful and bright a perfect child's gift and adult's treasure.

Unknown said...

Oh how nice ! Maybe that Aunt really was the one to encourage you with your love of animals . Thanks for playing .

Sue said...

This a gorgeous quilt and the animals really come to life with the extra padding. Almost like trapunto!

Teresa said...

It's gorgeous Amanda xx

Gerry said...

My turn to visit you! The quilt is darling. What an undertaking!

Well, I'm off to look around some more. You're a very busy lady :-)

Joy said...

Oh that's just the cutest quilt Manda ... and it's stayed so beautiful over the years too :o). I'm sure your Aunt would be so pleased to know that you think of her when you see it :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

BubzRugz said...

I love the expressions on all their faces! A lovely treasure to take out and have a look.... Hugz

Yarni Gras! said...

precious....and the memories make it that much more special.....BTW, I love that little red panda on your sidebar!