Sunday, November 7, 2010

Warming Up...

I've finished stitching up a few of my own original designs. I can't show anything just yet, but here's a sneaky peak -I also entered a competition over at Lynette Anderson designs, and won a bundle of Lynette's new range of fabrics! I'm enjoying playing around with them and seeing what ideas might come to me. The weather is getting hotter and more humid by the day, which means I'm stuck in the air conditioning and not able to do much outside. A few friends of mine have been very busy in the warmer weather though! Check out the male fig bird sitting in his newly constructed nest. -And there's Curlews (aka bush thick-knees, or bush stone-curlews) nesting in our church grounds!

7 comments:

Sue said...

Great prizey fabrics. Well done. I love the li'l guy on the nest and the Curlew eggs are gorgeous.

Sandi said...

Your designs look intriguing, Amanda.
Congrats on winning that gorgeous bundle of fabric, lucky duck!!
Mr Fig bird looks very pleased with himself there on his new nest.

Joy said...

Ooooh Manda I can't wait to see what you've been stitching!!! Love your birdie pics, and your fabric prize is just gawjus!!! Well done :o)!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

becky said...

Beautiful fabrics! Can't wait to see what wonderful creation you come up with to showcase them!

Christine M said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your designs Amanda. That fabric looks lovely. Lucky you! Hugs, Christine

Jo in TAS said...

Can't wait to see your designs!!Lucky you, they're gorgeous fabrics! That birds nest is amazing, hopefully you'll see alot mor little heads popping out from it.

Melody said...

Beautiful fabrics from Lynette and thank you for sharing the photos of the birds. I love that we can co-exist with wild creatures and love seeing them.