Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cyclone Yasi

I'm scared. I can't imagine how those who are in Yasi's direct destruction path are feeling at this moment.There's a really eerie feeling outside, it's so still. No birds, no cicadas, nothing.
This is the biggest cyclone in Australia's history. Bigger than Tracey. Bigger than Hamish. Bigger than Glenda. Bigger than Larry!
I have toured up to Cooktown and out to Mount Isa. I know these places. I love these places. To think of the damage this cyclone will cause...
I'm scared.

9 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

I can't imagine the anxiety that the locals are feeling as this thing approaches, I'm one of those that would be driving as far away as I could!

Melody said...

Hi Amanda, not sure exactly where you live but I'm glad to hear you are not in the direct path. I'll be thinking of you all night.

Sandi said...

Yikes!!!! Sounds scary!!!! I hope you will be ok, Amanda, we'll be thinking of you.

BubzRugz said...

Horrible.... it really is a nasty one ....
Hugz

Anonymous said...

Yes I too am scared for everyone.
Take care
Christine

apparentlyjessy said...

I am thinking of you Amanda. I had heard all of the birds had flown away, it's incredible they can sense what's coming. Hope you and your loved ones and animals are ok.

Joy said...

It really is a scary time Amanda ... all we can do is pray that everyone will be ok.
Take care and stay safe,
Hugs,
Joy xx

Maria said...

Keeping all the folks in my thoughts. How scary for them. only hope it is not as bad as predicted.
Will it effect you??

Lynn said...

OH goodness - I have chills. Mother Nature sure can be nasty. This year seems to be full of huge storms.

Here's hoping Yasi simmers down before coming ashore.