Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Scooby Dooby Doo, where are you?

Last Friday evening I got a call from our pastor, "There's a little dog on the steps of the hall at the church and he wont let me near him."
So I drove up and collected the dog (male, no collar but recently washed and clipped) and took him to my vets just before closing to check for a micro-chip.
Yes! Micro-chip! So his name's Scooby Doo, he's 2 year old maltese x shih tzu. We call the numbers provided. Both are disconnected. Oh well. I brought him home for the night, much to the cats' horror.
Next day I phone the pound and leave his information with them. Yesterday I called RSPCA and the local paper to leave notices of a found animal.
He's an intelligent little dog, house trained, knows how to fetch, and knows what a "walk" means.
No calls yet. I hope he wasn't abandoned...

5 comments:

quilterliz said...

G'day Amanda. He is just so gorgeous.How could anyone resist that face. I do hope you find his owners. Our little boy was an abandoned dog and my hubby found him on the side of the road, 5 years ago now and he took him to the vet in town here and they sent him to the council pound, where he stayed for 10 days in the hope someone would try to find him. He wasn't micro chipped. Needless to say, I rang everyday to see if he was still there and the happy ending is that we adopted him. We simply adore him. Good luck with finding his owners. Take care. Liz...

Jo in TAS said...

He looks like a loved dog, perhaps the owners have moved forgettingnto update their details. Did you try the local council, they may be able to locate the family from the microchip if it's a registered dog?

Jennifer Rose said...

aww poor little guy:( he is cute, really hope he wasn't abandoned, even tho i have known of people to clean up a dog before abandoning it thinking it will have a better chance of getting adopted

Sandi said...

What a dear little dog. I hope you find his owners soon...

val said...

what a little cutie pie! I hope he is claimed soon.
Don't forget to stop by my blog, I have a giveaway!